The natural hair trend has taken the Black community by storm over the past 5 years. We have seen an increase in spending on products and a decrease on perms. We may have only taken a few small steps towards breaking into the haircare industry in terms of ownership; we have many natural products available locally. Although it seems this movement is here for the long term, many involved in the movement are hoping it’s here to stay and see it more as a lifestyle change verse a trend.
With Colorado as one of the states leading the way in healthy lifestyles across the country, it only makes sense for us to lead the way in healthier skin, nails and hair as well. In comes Colorado Urban Naturals connecting all things natural with a niche on natural hair and skin care vendors to hosting the 3rd International Natural Hair Meet Up Day in Aurora, Colorado. This event is fabulous. Folks in various major cities internationally will celebrate the natural hair movement on May 21. Here in Colorado, this day boasts workshops, demos, keynotes, food and of course, vendors! If you are already into this movement or looking for more information on how to care for or transition your natural hair, this is an event you have to add to your calendar. Here are 5 local vendors to follow:
- Tonya Does Supplies Mason. Tonya also does hair! If you are looking for supplies for your hair care journey, check her out. This is one aspect of this industry we definitely need to support.
- Shai Naturals. For soaps, lotions, butters and scrubs in fabulous fragrances you will want to scoop up a few of these for your collection.
- Natural Urbanity is also a local favorite for body and hair products. You’ll want to have a few of these on hand too.
- Phitnus line of hair, skin and nail daily supplements is the perfect addition for supporting a healthier you.
- Natural Artist. Even though this vendor isn’t selling hair or skin care products, once you are rockin’ your natural do’ you will want the right fashion pieces to accentuate your look. Her jewelry will have you looking right!
These are just a few of the local vendors we have to help you with whatever stage you are in on your natural journey. Be on the lookout for Colorado Urban Naturals for more in the natural hair care industry, they are working to put Colorado on the map!
Latest posts by Jice Johnson (see all)
- Build your Business Blog in 6 Steps - July 9, 2016
- Mentorship: 4 Benefits to Building Better Communities - July 9, 2016
- 5 Gifts Dad is Sure to Love - June 8, 2016